Family-favorite mashed potatoes are loaded up with bacon, cheese and green onions. Even better than this irresistible side dish? You can make it ahead of time and bake it just before serving.
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of cook bacon, crumbled and divided in half
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- n a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, bouillon, garlic salt and garlic powder to the pot of potatoes. Mix well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon.
- Pour potatoes into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheddar cheese, and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and serve.
recipe from chef-in-training.com